Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hello All!

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." C. S. Lewis

I am excited to begin blogging today! My friend, Nancy, has been blogging for quite some time and suggested (last year) that I try my hand at it.

CURRENT HAPPENINGS: Right now I am spending eight weeks on the campus of the University of Georgia doing my first undergraduate research project in the department of educational psychology. My husband and I are using this time to "date" again and making the separation as fun as possible. It is a real blessing to be here and an honor to have this opportunity. However, I miss my classmates at Regent University and the Christian atmosphere and am also looking forward to returning to classes there in the fall.

MY SCHOOL: Regent is the most awesome University. I don't go on campus there, but am an online student. Yet, the distance doesn't even seem to exist. I've made fantastic friends, have wonderful professors, and love being the president of the psychology club and on the student council. It has really strengthened my walk with the Lord.

PRAYER REQUESTS AND PRAISE: Prayer is very important in my life. I would love to hear your prayer requests or praises. Also, I may ask if you would pray for me or different people at times. My life today is SO MUCH BETTER than the years before I knew the Lord! Isn't it amazing to have a personal relationship with the Heavenly Father? And, WOW, what a family He gives to us! I have a big and wonderful Christian family by marriage, a fantastic church family, many dear friends, and two very special Aunts and some cousins in NY that I communicate with on a regular basis even though we are far apart. I am so glad to be in the Lord's grace and mercy. However, some my closest "kin" in my biological family do not enjoy the Lord's blessings and understand His love and mercy. It is for these that I pray the most. It is hard to be estranged from the ones I would like to love, but my presence is not wanted at this time in their lives.

RECIPES: Does anyone else like recipes???!!! My dear Aunt just sent me several old cookbooks from 1910-1950. (I enjoy collecting and trying new recipes) Do you have any recipes you would like to share? It would be fun to trade!

It's time to return to researching. The blogging today has been fun. I look forward to meeting each of you all and making new friends from this adventure. In Christ, T

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Tammy Simpson, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.